07 June 2009

. . . chocolate/strawberry/vanilla . . .

. . . a long time ago . . .
{like approximately october of 2007}
. . . i swear i posted about 
this simple little rail fence quilt 
that i made in a class i was taking . . .
. . . but, for the life of me . . .
. . . i simply cannot locate it . . .
. . . see another project from that class here . . .
. . . anyhoooo . . .
. . . suffice it to say that, 
oh, only about twenty months later . . . 
. . . this, the first project we worked on . . .
. . . is finally finished . . .
. . . we learned about fabric selection . . .
. . . dark, medium and light values . . .
. . . please note the loopy/swirly goodness 
of {again} the expert machine quilting . . .
. . . and because when i'm done working on a quilt, 
i really don't want to have a lot of leftovers . . .
. . . i piece the back together using up scraps . . .
. . . you need to know that 
the pro/expert/artist who quilted this for me 
does so freehand . . .
. . . no pattern or pantograph to follow . . .
. . . she's amazing . . .
. . . and since each quilt should be named . . .
. . . i give you neapolitan . . .


15 comments:

chris+amber said...

I LOVE IT! Can we hang it in my girls' room? Ha...I love the circle-y (not a word, I know) border of the quilt.

manders said...

mmmm. she's pretty. now make me some ruffle curtains.

(i wanna puppy...)

granny said...

Just beautiful. I'm so impressed that you finished yet another project! Go you!

The Fletchies said...

you are AMAZING!

Peg and Parker said...

I love this! YOu are finished and I recall a similar quilt in my past. Of course, mine is 1. not as cute. 2. Not finished, any part of it, wait, the blocks are sewn. 3. Not going to happen very soon. I am inspired by you though. I commit that this will be one of the
Oh-Nine! quilts that I will finish. Then I will blog about it. I have one to finish, maybe today. Yes, it is quilted and all but done except the binding. You just keep waiting by your computer. I will blog! Promise!

Lisa said...

Does that quilt come with a spoon? I want to eat it.

With Love, Bobbi said...

OMG I must have this quilt!

Sassy said...

Neapolitan fits it perfectly...it is scrumptious! Stephanie your talent constantly amazes me....someday I hope I can pull a quilt off and say I did it all by myself...sewing has never really liked me and my motto is "If I can't glue it...I don't do it." I seriously love this quilt...beautiful!

galbraithfam said...

That is the perfect name, and what a darling quilt. Someday Aunt Stephanie I will be crafty as you and my mother are. It's no a gift I have inherited, but I will practice it! Cute Cute Cute!

HaYn Mama said...

mmmmmm that just looks delicious!!!

Michelle said...

I love, love, love it. You did a great job as always with your fabric selection. I have a request..... you need a section on your sidebar to display all of your quilts in one place so I can visit them. Quilts make me very happy!!!

Mckenzi and Matthew said...

Sis. Romney!! I was so happy when I saw your post:) I love your family so much, it makes me cry haha Thank you for everything you have done for me, I am so grateful. You can be sure you were already at the top of the list ha so whether you gave me an address or not you were gettin one!:) I love you guys I hope your sweet family is doing amazing

Michelle Aguilar said...

wow, this adorable Stephanie. I am michelle from lesli's class. Hey how can we buy some oops? Becky purchased one from you, we believe for heidi's baby shower and everyone raved over them.
What a great gift for new babies. there has been about 5 at SBE alone that are having or had babies, and then two more friends of mine in Utah.
So, when you can, please let me know the cost, if they can be custom ordered etc. Do we pick them up.

you should have business cards for me and then I would get you some business!!!
So, adorable!

Do you also sell these quilts?
So beautiful, very talented you!

Allison said...

I love this quilt! That quilting is fabulous, I wish I could get that good on my own machine...maybe someday! And I love your sons blog (if its your son?) with the chicken feet. I've been there many times and seen that exact nasty dish, so gross. :)

britney said...

oh my gorgeous! I love it so much that i want to rob you of it! wow -- you go S Fresh.