31 July 2011

. . . the more the mary-er . . .

. . . i started with these adorable charm squares . . .
. . . a birthday gift from a quilty friend . . .
{thanks, peg!!}


. . . including a couple of fat quarters
which turned into binding . . .

. . . i found some www inspiration . . .

. . . but i wondered how it'd look in skinny form . . .
. . . yep ~ i think i'll like it . . .

. . . so i made lots of snowball blocks . . .
. . . cherries . . .

. . . many . . .

. . . ways . . .

. . . and ginormous paisleys . . .

. . . and what could be mary-er
than black & white checkerboards? . . .

. . . here's how my new *walker* looks
keeping "happy" warm . . .

{*i'm calling it a walker because i'm much too slow to be a runner*}


. . . and with my buttons {i bet you thought i'd lost 'em!} . . .
. . . and these colorful spools . . .
{copied from one of my quilty idols
[who i've never actually met, but i feel like we're friends anyway!]
she designs fabric and patterns ~ amazing!}

. . . i once read a mary engelbreit quote that said:
"it's liberating not to be matchy matchy." . . .
. . . well said, mary . . .
. . . and i concur . . .


9 comments:

Peg and Parker said...

A song comes to mind - "For it was Mary......." Well done my resourceful friend. I love that you are calling it a walker not a runner. Ha! You crack me up and impress me with your creative talent all the time. And since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, don't be too surprised when something similar shows up at my house. Plus all the (wink) friends I know might have that same lil charming bundle to score a walker of their own. Mind sharing? Im in love with the spool idea too. You might not be surprised to know that I have been saving wooden spools for such a time as this!

chris+amber said...

I'm gonna say what my girls say to me when I make dinner...,"Mommy, I don't like this....(pause)...I LOVE it!" Adorable. Walker...you crack me up.

Lori said...

OK, that is simply adorable.

vicki said...

Oh I love it! My birthday is in November.

Karen said...

So cute! I need to figure out what to do with my charm pack! Now that the other quilt is (almost) finished...I feel liberated! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness, is all I can say.
So glad Mary is still with us, she is fabulous. And so ae you !!!
Frani

Unknown said...

i love love love this! {well, you know how i feel about mary, and being matchy matchy.} yay for another cute quilt i can copy someday.

{ps, my word verification is "bringen" - you must be bringen it. ha}

Lori Holt said...

Well I just love it!...
Love the walker...lol.
And the spools along with the buttons and Mary are just the perfect thing to go on top!
xx
Lori
PS...yes we are friends...i feel the same way:)

becky+cade said...

LOVE the walker- and especially the adorable wooden spools wrapped in fabric. i wish thread still came on wooden spools...