09 February 2011

. . . all in good time . . .

. . . isn't she sweet? . . .
. . . growing up ~ we got to see her
on television once a year . . .
{not on netflix, dvd, or [gasp!] even vhs ~ nope . . . it was live tv with commercials}

. . . she terrified me . . .


. . . during my week of "unpluggedness" . . .
. . . i decided to try to be productive . . .
. . . you know ~ since
a couple of months ago . . .

. . . when i saw this fabric last spring ~
it was love at first sight. . .
. . . the line is called "oz" . . .
. . . here's the back . . .


. . . here's the cute patchwork binding i just finished . . .
{see my little hand stitching?}


. . . one of my favorite features
is the checkerboard border . . .


. . . i love all the crazy prints . . .


. . . the blocks are double hourglasses . . .


. . . here's the label . . .


. . . and here's the inspiration
behind this quilt's name . . .
{said with a really mean cackle}

. . . and i still say she's scary . . .


9 comments:

vicki said...

L.O.V.E. IT!

Karen said...

Awesome!

chris+amber said...

the colors & prints make me happy! you are amazing.

Shellene said...

she always scared me. she was the scariest thing I'd ever seen. but she didn't scare me as bad as her flying monkies. they were the most horrifying thing ever imaginable at that time! i think she's on again this friday...right during the ward party time. such a decision...good thing we have dvr now. seems like she and her little beauties were always on sunday. is that your recollection?

super job on your quilt, as usual. and thanks for the ice! i think i may finally be turning the corner on this stomach fly. actually it has been the most horrifying thing i've seen in a long time too!

Sassy said...

I ♥ Wizard of Oz.......LOVE IT!!!! Your quilt is AMAZING!!! You have more talent in your little finger than I have in my WHOLE body and THAT'S A LOT OF BODY!!!! Now............♫if I only had a brain♫♪

With Love, Bobbi said...

looks like the YELLOW BRICK ROAD To me. Pretty, bright, and happy! I would love to "follow, follow, follow" in your footsteps but it would take me a week just to pick out the material.

Peg and Parker said...

Oh my gosh Steph! This is fabulous. I love your clever spin on every project. A- mazing.

MichelleY said...

super cute, love the quilt! in the words of Elsquelto " you should go pro"! congrats on all the exciting news...so excited for amelia and tyler....and amber, is there anything that girl can't do? don't think so, she is amazing!

manders said...

so cute, mama! i love it.

thanks for taking care of my boy today (and every other day of the week, it seems!).