11 June 2010

. . . i actually finished something . . .

. . . it's been a couple (read:3+) of months
since i pieced this quilt top . . .
. . . but, i got it back from the quilter . . .
. . . and i finally put in the last few
(read:several hundred)
stitches by hand . . .
. . . including
(my favorite)
brown/yellow polka dot SCALLOPED binding . . .
. . . my first attempt ever . . .
. . . and i really like it . . .
. . . i also managed to
misspell kerry's name on the label . . .
. . . sorry kerry! . . .
. . . still love the little birdies . . .
. . . in yellow . . .
. . . and blue . . .
. . . see that strip across the bottom? . . .
. . . it's a sleeve . . .
(we wouldn't want a sleeveless quilt, now ~ would we?)
. . . it holds a wooden slat to help the quilt hang flat . . .
. . . you can't see it, but there's one at the top, too . . .
. . . but, enough about the back . . .
(can you tell i tried to use up every single scrap?)
. . . here's the front . . .
. . . and can we talk about
how windy it is this afternoon? . . .
. . . most of my photos looked like this one . . .


7 comments:

Lori Holt said...

I love it Stephanie!
The scallop border is the perfect finish.
It's so fun to get a quilt back from the quilters right?
She did a fabulous job...i think the daisys are adorable.
Have a great weekend,
x
lori

chris+amber said...

this is TDF! you are amazing, mom. i love every detail about this quilt.

manders said...

wowsers! i love it. thank you so much! i'm not sure where i'll hang it in my teeny condo, but we'll find a home for it! yay for me.

Michelle said...

I'm green with envy!!!!!

Peg and Parker said...

Said it before, you rock at everything to tackle. Waffles gone wild is adorable, fabulous and to die for. I want to be like you when I grow up. Teach me how to do that darling scallop border eh? Please , Oh please?

jckhadlocks said...

It looks awesome!! I wish I had that talent:)

Sassy said...

WOW....and I thought I was good making waffles from scratch........






I am a failure!