25 June 2008

. . . don't blink . . .

. . . there i was . . .
. . . cutting up a cantaloupe . . .
. . . looking out the window . . .
. . . thinking to myself, "is that rain?" . . .
. . . amazingly, yes it was . . .
. . . unexpected . . .
. . . yet always welcome . . .
. . . it lasted maybe five or ten minutes . . .
. . . then the wind blew . . .
. . . i've never seen so many
seed pods on
our enormous ash tree . . .
. . . or in our pool . . .
{p.s. this little shower dropped the temperature
to about 90 degrees at 6 p.m! woo hoo!}


6 comments:

abigail said...

YES!!! 90 Degrees!!! Oh how we love the low 90's!! Anyways I love the rain! I was at work when the rain came down and i was sad i was stuck inside! But im really glad that it made the air smell like monsoon season the rest of the night!!

The Shepherd Family said...

How funny! I was in the kitchen too, cutting cantaloupe, (no joke) and I said to Emily, " Was that thunder?" And then we heard it start raining! Our pool looked like yours too! Fun times!
- Julie

MichelleY said...

I told Scott on the phone that it was pouring in Queen Creek and he didn't believe me, but I thought it only rained out here- we always get crazy weather, but it was a much needed nice little break to a super long HOT week!

Sassy said...

Wasn't that the BEST? I love when that happens...it's great when the temps drop!!!! Stephanie...you have the MOST BEAUTIFUL views from your windows and what a beautiful back yard!!!

Rain, rain come again another day...

kacee said...

I love the AZ rainstorms...crazy rain/wind and then more sunshine in like 5 minutes flat! (sorry about your pool)

Marie said...

Sorry I didn't take my engagement pics in front of your flowers. I still think you have the best flowers on the block (Don't tell my mom I said that). I saw Amber and fam at the mall yesterday - Tagg is soooo cute!