11 May 2008

. . . Mom's Day . . .

. . . this charming photo was
among the mother's day gifts
i received last year -
which means that
drew {& maggie}
went to the effort to
pose for/ask someone to
snap the picture,
go get it printed @ walgreens,
buy a frame @ the dollar store,
wrap it
& present it to me -
all the while assuring me that
a year from then,
i'd be thankful to have it &
i'd be missing both of them . . .
. . . at that time, however,
i didn't have a blog . . .
{by the way, i sincerely hope that
all the moms out there that
actually get to talk to
their missionaries today
have an enjoyable time.
i'm only a little jealous}
. . . drew was half right -
they're both gone
& i do miss him . . .


6 comments:

the cummard family said...

happy mothers day steph!

Sassy said...

Happy Mother's Day today Stephanie and I did think of you when Dallas called and thought about how much it stunk!!!!! I hope you had a great day with your girls.

chris+amber said...

This picture says it all about Drew to a "T". As much as I ♥'d Mags, I miss him way more too!

Kat said...

Sis. Romney,
yes..I was definitely planning on sending those pics to elder drew. I got a letter from him today (sounds like he's doing awesome), so I was plannin on writing back and then sending those along with some others. unless you want to send them...just let me know!

hope everything is going well with you and the family. (this picture of drew is priceless by the way).

happy (late) mothers day!

Michelle said...

What a darling boy. I really don't want to make you feel bad, but my phone call was the best. Missions really are a love hate kinda thing. I love that he is serving and I hate that he is away. His tip for the day was not to judge people. You never know who is ready for the gospel. They may look different but we don't know their hearts.

galbraithfam said...

Who wouldn't miss a face like that? Just think, only 1 more mother's day to go without him!