03 February 2009

. . . mutual night {aka: torture} . . .

. . . these darling young women are laurels in my ward . . .
. . . i used to think they were my friends . . .
. . . right up until last wednesday night 
when we rode bikes ALL THE WAY TO QT . . .
. . . meaning TWICE up & over the freeway . . .
{front row: carol [our fearless leader] and morgan
back row: staci [another leader who is often mistaken for one of the girls], 
nichole, sarah, ashley, amber, madison & jennifer}

. . . they have no concept of the fact that 
i am three times their age . . .
. . . nearly a week later, i've mostly forgiven them . . .
. . . now that i can sit/walk again . . .
. . . next up: volleyball . . .


10 comments:

Peg and Parker said...

What a blessing to have such a hip leader with a such a forgiving heart! You rock @ bike riding and whatever is needed for these Y.W. Plus the lesson was great. We heard all about it and the quilt was to die for. Is there anything you can't do? Wait....there's always volleyball to look forward to. Two words of advice ....... 1. duck, 2. cover.

Unknown said...

hp is the best... mainly because leaders like you! always doing fun things for the girls!!!

Brittney Smith said...

Too funny! You can do it Steph!

abigail said...

Man i miss those days of mutual and keepin it real with HP! Hey count me in for volleball next week!!!

Sassy said...

What a blast????? You have such cute YW in your ward!!!!

About Bashas' one of my preschool parents is an employee over there and she told me yesterday....I'm so sad about them not being there...you're right Safeway is not the same...this has been our home away from home...

Lorie said...

Volleyball is WORSE! They are all young and will throw themselves on the ground to save the ball!! Good luck!

Pancake said...

I think out sons actually served together, around Christmas???

Pancake said...

I guess not, I see yours in in Mexico City North! Isnt it great having them out!!!

Mimi Sue said...

I work with the Beehives in our ward. Last night we played human foosball with the boys. Huh? I don't want to break a hip or anything! I'm old enough to be their grandma. Mimi

Kim Walus said...

I think that would have done me in! I feel your pain. It looks like you all had a great time though.