31 January 2010

. . . distractions . . .

. . . here's the thing . . .
. . . there are times when 
you just need a little distraction . . .
. . . maybe you're going through 
a stressful something . . .
. . . or a painful something . . .
. . . or a monotonous something . . .
. . . or a neverending something . . .
. . . in that case, a change of pace 
can be just the ticket . . .
. . . maybe you jump in the car with your besties . . .
. . . and maybe you head for 
the happiest place on earth . . .
. . . that's right ~ 
{followed very closely by the newly discovered tai pan in rancho cucamonga, might i add}
. . . then, maybe, just maybe . . .
. . . half-way through the drive . . .
. . . you need to stop for various reasons . . .
. . . including, but not limited to:
•refueling
•potty breaks
•fresh diet cokes
•reading material, perhaps
. . . may i suggest reader's oasis books . . .
. . . located in the heart of 
beautiful downtown quartzsite, arizona . . .
. . . look! there's my friends 
vicki {in black} and amanda {in pink} . . .
. . . they're checking out the mags {25¢ ea} . . .
. . . or maybe . . . 
. . . just maybe . . . 
. . . they were trying to get 
up close and personal with paul winer . . .
. . . bookstore owner . . .
. . . and nudist . . .
{look ma! no tan lines!}
. . . talk about your distractions! . . .


17 comments:

manders said...

oh brother. he is officially fired. and so are you for posting that nastiness on your blog! gross, mom!

manders said...

oh, and i am SO glad that you were able to play with your besties and be distracted from the stressful, painful, monotonous, neverending situation at your casa. i love you, mama!

Peg and Parker said...

I almost wish I had been there....You know quartzite! Go Steph! He is real. I really did think he was like a postor or something. I guess he is something, like a distraction for sure.

Shellene said...

let's say it together ... NOT CUTE!

With Love, Bobbi said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth!
Definitely something worthy of a pic- just glad you didn't get a different angle!

Janet said...

Sooooo funny. I know, I'm way warped :-)

vicki said...

Really now...MUST you put my name in with the same post as the naked man? Oh well, we certainly didn't let him ruin our trip. He just gave us more to laugh about!

Melis said...

Hey, that Rob's grandpa!

Just kidding! ;)

But they do live in Quartzite in the winter! And that place does make me laugh! Lots!

Too funny, Steph!

Karen said...

You are the bomb! All I can say is that it was hilarious (not the naked man really...he was gross...but just the reaction of all of us & the situation)! Fun (?) way to start off a great little getaway! I'm warped....

Bromney said...

My wife leaves me for 3 days and finds another man! OUCH!

Anonymous said...

If only I were single I'd be on my way to Quartzsite!!!
For books of course!

Anonymous said...

Dear Bromney, I don't call that a man, and you shouldn't either. Plus I was with your wife and she was not interested in that piece of leather with a hat. Oh yes she snapped a photo or two, but just for documentation... and humor. Success on both!
+ just FYI word verification = tweest. I'm just sayin, in some languages that means hacky sack!

Tiffany said...

so so so so mad you guys didn't stop by on your way. We're right on the way. maybe next year! so glad you had such an interesting and fabulous trip. xo

Janet said...

HAHAHAHA--I am laughing out loud! That's absolutely the funniest thing I have seen in a long time (appreciate the side view, however, Stephanie). Only in Quartzite.

chris+amber said...

this is pure hilarity. his backside makes me laugh so much because he doesn't have one! just wrinkles from excess sunlight exposure.

Amber Veater said...

not gonna lie..
never thought i'd see nude fotos on sister romney's blog.
i sure love you.
it's possible you're the funniest lady i know..

Unknown said...

oh my heavens! I guess you never know what you will see. Yikes!