11 August 2008

. . . competitive spirit . . .

. . . i don't have a lot of it . . .
. . . but i do LOVE to watch the olympics . . .
. . . as evidenced by the dark circles
under my eyes . . .
. . . or is it that blasted blepharitis? . . . . . . however . . .
{and i'm not sure who is to blame for this}
. . . why, oh, WHY must
the summer olympics
AND the presidential elections
be held in the same year? . . .
. . . because i'm a little tired of
seeing this face . . .
. . . and i'm downright nauseated
at the sight of this one
during commercial breaks . . .
. . . now, i know it's inevitable
that these two will
continue to go at it . . .
. . . but, please,
just for a couple of weeks,
could this be
the only competition we see? . . .
. . . thank heaven for my dvr . . .
. . . and exciting 4x100m freestyle relays . . .


5 comments:

chris+amber said...

I second that motion! Politics put me to sleep, but the Olympics keep me wide awake...NOT a good thing when I have to take care of kids who wake up at the "butt"crack of dawn. Don't tell my girls I said the "b" word!

Unknown said...

the relay was SO exciting to watch!!! go team usa!

Sassy said...

TRUE THAT! Ditto...everything you said...politics and olympics...USA is doing fantastic...

the cummard family said...

obsessed with watching the olympics. it's on in the mornings and in the nights...late. i can only watch it live or it drives me crazy. so you're not the only one with bags.

those smart water things are so cute....email me what they said on it...incase i copy ;) i got lots of smart waters for free last month!

Lori Taylor said...

I have bags too. I can't go to bed when the olympics are on. One good thing about me watching the olympics is when I go to the gym I don't feel guilty watching them because they make me work out longer. (Each work out machine has it's own TV monitor so that I can watch them). It's exciting to see so many accomplishments.
Tea Bags?