18 August 2009

. . . {not} gourmet cooking . . .

. . . for a little *gno/fhe . . .
{to translate or not to translate?}
. . . the daughters and i went to see julie & julia . . .
{dan aykroyd's snl cameo was the best part}
. . . which as far as mother/daughter activities go,
is currently all the rage . . .


. . . dinner beforehand was certainly no boeuf bourguignon
. . . but, in my defense {spoiler alert!} i didn't burn it, either . . .

. . . have you ever tried these middle eastern flatbreads? . . .
. . . you can get them at your local arabian joe's . . .
{you're such a jokester, joe}


. . . i think it's funny that there're nine {random} in a package . . .
. . . anyway, this dinner isn't rocket science . . .
. . . but it is the way to a son-in-law's heart . . .


. . . just season/grill/dice a few chicken breasts or tenders . . .
. . . shred some romaine lettuce . . .
. . . toss with caesar dressing . . .
. . . warm flat bread in a hot skillet . . .
. . . fill with chicken and dressed lettuce . . .
. . . top with freshly grated parmesan cheese . . .
. . . eat like a giant soft taco/chalupa . . .

*girls night out/family {out of the} home evening


6 comments:

granny said...

So how was the movie? Dinner looks like it was divine.

Peg and Parker said...

Yes dinner looks de-vine! To answer "granny's" question for you, I loved the movie!! I was in in a mood and it delighted me no end! I clapped at the end...silly me... And since, I have been channelling my inner Julia, you know, lots of butter, mushrooms and chickens....yum!

Kat said...

Steph,

I have a picture to email you and I want you to tell me what you think of it. I had this kid the other day at work that looked IDENTICAL to drew when he was young! What's your email address?

-Katelyn

•stephanie• said...

katelyn . . .

it's right at the top of my blog.
"keep in touch".
see it?
can't wait to see the picture!

steph

Julie said...

Stephanie, I love your blog and I am going to try some of your wonderful recipes. Your are amazing and talented. Your family is so lucky. Julie Woods

chris+amber said...

The movie was so cute! I was glad we could all go together. And, this is one of our family's favorite meal too...even ADDI! Minus the chicken, of course. YUM-O!