14 November 2010

. . . thankful #14 . . .

. . . missionaries . . .
. . . young men
{and women and "senior couples" as our stake president reminded us}
who unselfishly serve all over the world . . .
. . . today especially, i'm thankful for this one . . .

. . . our nephew who just returned . . .

. . . thank you, justin,
for the great example you've been
for your younger brothers
and for the blessing you've been
to your entire family ~
not to mention the lovely people you served
in the west indies . . .

. . . i'm also thankful for the opportunity i had
to be the mom of a missionary . . .
{thanks also to my husband and three sons-in-law ~ also returned missionaries}
. . . drew did a wonderful job
and worked hard in mexico . . .

. . . he continues to labor in missionary work ~
teaching at the missionary training center . . .

. . . let's just hope he doesn't teach them
everything he learned in the field . . .

. . . most of all ~ i'm thankful for
the good news of the gospel of jesus christ
that missionaries exemplify and share . . .
. . . they are always in my prayers . . .


5 comments:

metzie said...

So thankful for each day of your post....you are such an example to me.

Bill said...

The 2ND best decision of my life was to go on a mission. The best involves the author of this blog!

jennifer hall said...

I remember sustaining you for a blogging service mission--this should count because it uplifts and inspires and is an example to sharing the gospel, family life, talents...etc with others. Keep the faith and the good motivating blogs up--someday I may try! Hugs and lots of gratitude!!!

Jessalyn said...

I LOVE reading your blog. I am also grateful for missionaries, especially the one that you and Bill raised:) Thanks for the thankful thoughts every day!

chris+amber said...

i can't believe justin is home already. i bet he did his mama & daddy very proud just like drew did you & dad. i am thankful for the men in my lives setting an example for my boys!