30 November 2010

. . . thankful #the last . . .

. . . thanksgiving month draws to a close . . .
. . . with no fancy photos . . .
. . . no funny quips . . .
. . . no sarcasm . . .
. . . just a very grateful me . . .
. . . and though some of my "thankful"s
may have seemed trivial ~
i certainly realize how truly blessed i am . . .

. . . i am surrounded by a wonderful family . . .
. . . a husband i love . . .
{and admire beyond belief for his patience and faith through this time of great trial}
. . . children i adore . . .
. . . sons- and {soon-to-be} daughter-in-law
who are just the right matches for my kids . . .
. . . five precious grandkids {so far} . . .

. . . my health . . .
. . . a lovely home . . .
. . . the best friends you can imagine . . .

. . . and {most importantly} an unshakable testimony
of the divinity of my savior . . .
{to whose birth i will now turn my attention for remembering and celebrating}

. . . and i feel extra blessed . . .


6 comments:

chris+amber said...

well-said, mama. and i hope you know how grateful i am for YOU!!! love you!

Goose said...

I enjoyed following your month of gratitude. Glad we share a grandson.

manders said...

extra blessed, indeed! i'm blessed to have such a great mom! love you!

Peg and Parker said...

I have loved your grateful posts all month. You have a great way with words and inspired, on several occasions, comments/discussions on gratitude in my own home. You are an inspiration and I am grateful for you, dear friend.

Anonymous said...

tHERE YOU GO....MAKING MY EYES DRIP AGAIN! HUG TO YOU STEPHIE!

Anonymous said...

See they were dripping and I couldn't see! That should be HUGS TO YOU!!!