07 January 2012

. . . till we meet again . . .

. . . i used to
hear my parents say
all the time . . .
. . . "seems like
the only time
we run into ________
{fill in the blank}
is at funerals" . . .
. . . and now,
i've become my parents . . .
. . . it's happening
more and more often
these days . . .
. . . gathering to remember
and celebrate the lives
of wonderful folks
who've passed on . . .
. . . i love seeing
so many dear friends . . .
. . . the kind of friends
that time and/or distance
doesn't diminish
our relationship . . .
. . . the kind i can hug
and tell them
i love them . . .
. . . today my thoughts and prayers
are with minnie, dave and todd . . .
{and their families}
. . . the lorenzens
are some
of my favorite people
ever . . .
. . . ray will be missed . . .
. . . and i bet he and my dad
had a great reunion . . .
{i'm kind of jealous}


1 comment:

granny said...

It was a sweet funeral. Ray & Minnie were the best Sunday School teachers to my Holly. Just love them.