24 January 2013

. . . row row row seven . . .

. . . i am seriously on a roll . . .
. . . here's the next installment of 
row along . . .
. . . fall leaves . . .
. . . "swirling or twirling 
or blowing around 
in the 
chilly autumn wind leaves" . . . 
{lori's words}
. . . she posted this row 
the day before thanksgiving . . .
. . . you know ~ 
when there was 
actually supposed to be 
chilly autumn wind . . .
. . . well ~ autumn/winter 
happened here in arizona 
just last week . . .
. . . that's when 
all the leaves finally finished 
falling from my trees . . .
. . . so i guess now's 
as appropriate a time as any for me 
to get this row put together . . .

{today is super cloudy and grey 
and our grass is suffering the effects 
of last week's below-freezing temperatures}

. . . now let me tell you 
all the things i don't like 
about my row . . .
. . . my ocd-ness would 
not let me make 
any pink or blue or grey leaves . . .
. . . only "real" leaf colors . . .
. . . then ~ since i only used 
four color families 
and there are only four directions 
in which to turn the blocks ~ 
i wound up 
with all the same color leaves 
facing the same direction . . .

. . . dumb ocd-ness . . .

. . . i wish i could make myself 
be purposefully random . . .

. . . here's a little more ocd-ness 
for you . . .

{total number of pieces in row 7: 177}
{total number of pieces in rows 1-7: 853}


1 comment:

Nedra said...

Do I see Leopard in those leaves? Congratulations on getting another row complete!