06 July 2013

. . . a new fave frosty beverage . . .

. . . you've probably seen it, too . . . 
. . . apparently this craze started 
at swig in st. george, utah . . .
. . . of course it did . . .
. . . it's called a dirty diet coke . . .
{or regular coke, or dr. pepper, or diet dr. pepper}
. . . the important part is the dirty . . .

. . . you can find the recipe on our best bites . . .

. . . but the basic formula is diet coke . . . 


. . . plus coconut syrup . . .
{i found mine at smart & final}


. . . plus freshly squeezed lime juice . . .


. . . over "crushed ice" . . .
. . . and is there any crushed ice fairer 
than that which can be purchased 
at sonic? . . .
. . . rhetorical question . . .


. . . i would like to suggest 
a couple of upgrades . . .
. . . a 44 ounce styrofoam cup and lid . . .


. . . and a reusable aluminum straw . . .
. . . mine happens to be a maverik chill pipe . . .


. . . while friends of mine 
are showing such discipline 
and cutting soda out of their lives . . .
. . . i'm finding yet more ways 
to enhance and embellish 
my favorite vice . . .


6 comments:

Unknown said...

"Then [Koko] said unto [Stephanie}, Almost thou persuadest me to be a [Diet Coke drinker - again]." (with apologizes to Paul!)

life in red shoes said...

You make me laugh!
I tried a "dirty" coke last year in yes, St. George.
#1- the lime juice was not freshly squeezed.
#2- no styro cup.
#3- none of that Sonic ice! That ice is the only plus side to a hospital visit.
#4- I'm a little late to this new straw trend, only learned of their existance this week!
Where do you live...Utah?!
I prefer my coke straight up and the glass filled to the brim with ice :)

Maxine said...

Just had a dirty diet coke from SWIGS....Have to tell you I love love your new look..

Sassy said...

OHHHHH NOOOOOOO.......NOT another way to LOVE my Devil Juice...........I have tried to cut it out of my life BUT I CAN'T......I have NO PERSONALITY without it....I will be trying this and have to find those straws.........YUMMMMMM!!!!

Jan said...

love this post! Gonna try this soon!

Nanette Merrill said...

you sound EXACTLY like me, except my vice is diet mt dew. I'm an ice freak.