08 December 2009

. . . nacimiento . . .

. . . a friend suggested that i ask drew
to pick up two nativity sets
while he's in mexico . . .
. . . one for me and one for his future wife . . .
. . . i thought that was a great idea . . .
. . . drew? not so much . . .
. . . he said, "i have no idea
where to find a nativity scene here.
i will look, but i can't promise anything.
i don't even know where to buy one
in the states." . . .
. . . i believe him . . .
. . . unless nike, volcom or nixon makes it,
he wouldn't have a clue! . . .
. . . so, bless chris and amber's hearts . . .
. . . they found one for me
at one of their cruise stops . . .
. . . it's so charming . . .
. . . there's plenty of livestock . . .
. . . don't you just love mary and joseph's halos? . . .
. . . and the knobby thingies on the angel's head? . . .
. . . and how the Baby looks just like his mother? . . .
. . . the wisemen are my personal favorites . . .
. . . one blond, one african . . .
. . . and the asian has michael jackson's nose . . .
. . . talk about your cultural diversity . . .


5 comments:

Peg and Parker said...

You make my so happy. Michael Jackson's nose indeed. I totally approve of nativity's (you know, multiples). What a lovely set and a memory too! Where in the "Grand Scheme" will it reside? Sad for the grandgirls to be going home I bet.

Shellene said...

Ay Yi Yi. If they get lonely they can come live in the hutch at my house. We have sets from Mexico, Caribbean, Alaska, Hawaii.... fun to see the different faces they create from each place.

chris+amber said...

lol...so true! i never noticed that deformed nose on "mj". i wish you had told me to get two sets! i totally would've! i'm glad you got to enjoy this set for almost two whole days before i stole it from you for enrichment this week!

Lori Holt said...

You're right...totally a Michael Jackson nose! LOL!
I love the nativity...it's beautiful.
Lori

Sassy said...

LOVE THAT!!!!! I begged Dallas to look for one for me from Georgia....I wanted an all black one.....but he had the same story....WHAT? WHERE? WHY? So I never got one.....yours is too cute! But I did get a t-shirt with a big peach on it.........