04 April 2009

. . . something about conference . . .

. . . turns my thoughts to white shirts . . .
. . . maybe it's the power of suggestion . . .
. . . simply seeing church leaders 
i respect, sustain, 
and can't wait to hear from . . .
. . . wearing white shirts themselves . . .

. . . whatever the reason . . .
. . . it's great to catch up on ironing, 
but more importantly to 
feel the strength, testimony, 
and love these wonderful leaders 
have for me as a member of 
. . . there was just the one little mishap . . .
. . . mascara drips on 
the last one i was pressing . . .
. . . it might have happened while 
the choir was singing 
"consider the lilies" . . . 
. . . or was it during president eyring's talk 
about dealing with adversity? . . . 
. . . both were exceptional . . .


4 comments:

angiedunn said...

i agree. hardcore.

if i would have had mascara on, i def would have had some brown-black maybeline drips on my notes during president eyring's talk, for sure. it was an amazing talk.

ps: way to be productive during conference.

With Love, Bobbi said...

I think Sat is my most favorite conference. Seems more relaxed-or maybe its because I am usually watching alone. No interruptions.

--btw, thank goodness for dry cleaners--no white shirts for me!

Sassy said...

I sooooooooo love that song and Pres. Eyring's talk...I cried too...you did better than me getting mascara on...I do take such great comfort from these talks...praying that there are answers for me when they speak....and there usually is...clinging to the HOPE there is JOY in all of this fun! You are such an inspiration....


I love fresh pressed white shirts...they make such a wonderful statement all by them selves...

chris+amber said...

You & Dad were in my thoughts through the majority of conference. It couldn't have been more perfect.