19 April 2009

. . . thirty years of daffodils . . .

. . . not long after we built our home, 
i stuck some daffodil bulbs 
in the ground 
in the front planter . . .
. . . and though i pay them no attention whatsoever
year after year they show up 
and look all springy and stuff . . .
. . . and they always remind me that 
"springy" is what i craved 
after living through a provo winter . . .
. . . BRRRRR! . . .
. . . during which i'd found this cool guy 
who wanted to marry me! . . .
{*we were stylin' huh?}
. . . so on 19 april 1979 ~ our wedding day . . . 
. . . daffodils {and stephanotis} were definitely NOT in short supply . . .
. . . holy wedding cake! . . .
. . . carrot ~ with cream cheese frosting ~ best ever . . .
. . . and just for fun . . . 
. . . this super dramatic/serious pose . . . 
. . . demonstrating our photographer's skills . . . 
. . . meaning there was 
NO such thing as photoshop 
way back then . . .
. . . and yes, pam, i guess i'm a brave soul ~ again! . . .
{*photo courtesy of byu's daily universe ~ 
we graced the cover of 
the valentine's day edition in 1979} 
. . . happy thirty years to us . . .     


20 comments:

chris+amber said...

I love these pics of you & Dad! I hope you have a good day.

Ward said...

Awesome! Good looking couple. Glad we get to share a grandson. Happy #30.

Unknown said...

its inspiring... and I loved seeing bill today, for however brief. those pictures are so great!

Sparks Fam said...

that's cute. congrats on 30 years!

manders said...

Your cake was quite fancy. (And REAL, unlike mine!)

I'm sure glad you got married and invited us kids to join in the fun. We love you!

JULIE said...

Holy cow! I remember it all! What a fun time. Dang, 30 years..seems like...28!
my best to you both for another 30!
hugs, julie

pj said...

Since I was the entertainment editor for the Daily UniFARSE, I could take credit for that choice, but I won't. (wrong year) You looked lovely then, and you look lovely now. Congrats on 30! Bet you would do it all over again!

Peg and Parker said...

You have rocked for thirty years... Wow! I love the cake also and the daffodils were incredible. Congratulations on a wonderful marriage. You two are a wonderful example of support and love and keeping a smile on your face. What a blessing!

The Jarheads said...

I live the pictures! You and Bill are soooo cute! Congrats on 30 years!

JLang said...

Congrats on 30 years!! That is an amazing cake, I have to say I am a bit surprised that there isn't any pink anywhere, did that come later?You and Bill have done a wonderful job of raising a beautiful, faithful family. Wishing you another 30!

Sassy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to both of you! Even all your olden days pic's are dang cute!!!!!!!! What a great couple!

Becca said...

oh my goodness i am IN LOVE with that picture of you two walking in the..wilderness? its so cool!

MichelleY said...

happy 30 years! i have to say you have always been stylin'.

Michelle said...

You guys are so cute. Happy anniversary. I had a thought the other day, let's you and I and our moms go to Lunch. How bout it?

Valerie said...

Well that sure is interesting--Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated our first anniversary on April 19th. So that would make us...anniversary twins....
I just had to leave a comment.

With Love, Bobbi said...

I accidentally clicked on the last picture and it enlarged to give me the full effect- Beautiful! and that's some bouquet! Looks like it might have touched the ground! Did you ever count the # of flowers in it?

Brittney Smith said...

Oh...Happy 30 years! I love the BYU photos, very cute. I love reading your blog. You need to write a book or something!

Melis said...

Drew's been in my thoughts the last couple of days & I just got finished reading about his past week. I'm glad to hear that he's feeling better!! This flu thing is a bit scary, huh?!

Anyway, he will be in prayers!

Amanda B. said...

What a good lookin' couple...then and now! And what a cake!!!! Happy (belated) anniversary!!! We love you guys!!!

Unknown said...

happy anniversary!!! i'm loving the classics! ha ha! daffodils are so pretty. i love 'em!