02 June 2012

. . . hez . . .

. . . happy thirty-ninth birthday . . .
{really!}
. . . to my little/only sister . . .
. . . the year was 1973 . . .
. . . it was just a couple of months
 before i turned fifteen 
when she was born . . .
. . . i'd waited through four brothers 
to finally get a sister . . .
. . . you have no idea 
how excited i was . . .
. . . this was back in the day 
when the baby's gender 
was always a surprise . . . 
{it was a nice change from the previous three births 
where my dad called from the hospital 
and i'd cry about "another dumb boy" ~ 
love ya, eric, daren and kyle!
i was too little to complain when jeff was born}

. . . anyway . . .
. . . back to heather . . .
. . . poor little thing . . .
. . . it was like at last 
i had a life size doll 
to play with . . .
. . . i'd dress her up . . .
. . . i'd do her hair . . .
{sorry about that time [half up/half down] 
when i burned your head real bad . . . oops!}
. . . i'd drag her with me 
to watch my boy friends 
play softball . . .
. . . i took her 
to get her ears pierced . . .
{i had to wait till i was eighteen. 
she got hers done at age three. 
fair? not really, mom and dad!}

{i kind of covet that necklace and her eyelashes}

. . . now she's the mom of six . . .
. . . juggling school schedules, 
church responsibilities, 
and a couple of chickens . . .
{we might be down to just one chicken ~ i'm confused} 
. . . she's one busy girl . . .
. . . happy birthday, heather . . .
. . . i hope you make time to party! . . .


1 comment:

chris+amber said...

I'm lucky I had an aunt only 7ish years older than me. She is like the older sister I never had. She definitely is gonna earn her crown in heaven for all the babysitting she had to endure with a booger like I was!