24 June 2012

. . . sugar and spice and everything nice . . .

. . . it really was fun to sew 
for a baby girl again . . .
. . . our granddaughters will soon 
be nine and ten years old . . .
. . . since then ~ we've had 
five little grandsons . . .
. . . so ~ we're excited 
for another pink baby . . .

. . . these ruffles are what kept me busy
 for a big chunk of last week . . .
. . . inspired by
i spotted on pinterest . . .
. . . jessalyn selected three coral prints
 from the vintage modern fabric line
 by bonnie and camille . . .
{sadly these photos don't do the colors of this darling fabric justice ~
 yesterday's quilt photos are more accurate colorwise}
. . . we tried to mimic 
the light, medium, and dark tones
of the inspiration crib skirt . . .


. . . although you can't tell 
from these photos 
{hastily snapped in the dark of night on the family room floor}
i actually did make ruffles 
for all four sides of the crib . . .
. . . the skirt is folded in half crosswise
 in this photo . . .
. . . i also lined all the ruffles 
{this thing weighs a ton}
and finished the back 
so no raw edges are exposed . . . 
. . . hopefully it won't have to be
 washed too often . . .
{fingers crossed!}
. . . but if it does, 
there shouldn't be any fraying . . .


. . . i also made six 
of these bumper pads . . .
. . . here's one side . . .


. . . and here's the other . . .


. . . i made jessalyn promise 
to send me some photos of the crib
 when she gets it all gussied up 
and the quilt hung on the wall . . .
{my intentions were to disassemble my crib, 
take it outside and have a little photo shoot ~
before drew and jessalyn went back to provo. 
sadly, when the last stitches weren't finished 
until nearly midnight before the shower, 
i had to let go of that dream}


8 comments:

chris+amber said...

Be still my heart. Ah-maz-ing!! I love every single detail about this crib set. Wowzers.

Peg and Parker said...

So cute. I missed the grand unveiling at the shower, for which I am sad. But this is great and looks amazing. That is one lucky kid to have you for a Grammy. Just saying.

Carol said...

Steph that is about the cutest crib ever! Lucky, lucky baby girl!

With Love, Bobbi said...

"CUT" that out! (notice the pun)
Only a quilter wanna be can notice the painstaking time for perfection! I must say, I have NEVER seen such beautiful corners (Hayden's quilt)! If you touch me will some of that talent come my way?!!!

Jessalyn said...

It is truly perfection. The cutest bedding ever made, and no one will ever beat it! I'll send you the picture as soon as I make the bed. It's on my to-do list I promise! You are amazing.

Unknown said...

This turned out so beautiful! And I just love the fabrics that you chose. What a lucky baby to have a grandma that loves her so much :)

Sherri said...

I hope you post a picture of the whole ensemble...it must be just gorgeous!

Nanette Merrill said...

So incredibly cute. What a great idea.