08 November 2012

. . . a blue ribbon store . . .

. . . and a pink ribbon store . . .
. . . and a green ribbon store . . .
. . . and black . . .
. . . and brown . . .
. . . and aqua . . .


. . . and every other 
color of the rainbow . . .
. . . i mean we're talking about 
a LOT of ribbon . . .
. . . this store 
~ i still call it "ruffler's roost" ~ 
has occupied four different locations
 since i've been shopping there . . .
{i've been shopping there for many, many, many years}
. . . at the second location, 
they kind of changed the name 
{at least on the storefront signage} 
to "ribbons and lace" . . . 
. . . the third location 
was soooooo convenient to me . . .
. . . so i cried just a little 
when they moved 
to their new location 
last month . . .
. . . the sign now says 
"the ribbon store" . . .
. . . this space is lots more,
 well, spacious . . .
. . . but i will be happier 
about driving out to higley to shop
 if/when the construction 
on both roads of the intersection 
is finished . . .
. . . it's a mess . . .
. . . i'd be even more tickled 
if the parking lot was paved . . .
. . . it was pure mud 
when i went last week . . .
. . . today, it was a little drier . . .

{one of about half a dozen aisles, 
this is perhaps my favorite ~ all polka dots}

. . . bottom line is: 
wild horses couldn't keep me 
from this store . . .
. . . i'm a frequent flier there . . .
. . . season tickets, if you will . . .
. . . if you've ever used oops!, 
now you know 
one of my secrets . . .


6 comments:

Nedra said...

yes, it looks just like your kind of place :)

Lisa said...

I ♥this store too Stephanie.......I was just sick when I saw them close (by us). Haven't been to the new one as of yet.........but I'm sure I will soon. Gotta feed the addiction!
Love your oops!
Lisa Redhouse

Carol said...

WOWSER! I've never seen so much ribbon in one place in my life...how awesome!

Hez said...

Now that looks like good, clean fun!

angiedunn said...

boooooo! i'm depressed they moved. :)

MeL said...

I totally cleaned the owner's teeth not too long ago! Rumor has it, she wants to sell, and the more I think about it, the more I think that YOU should buy it! Think about it! You could call it "Stephler's Roost"! Okay, that was bad, but still, you should buy it, and then carry wrapping paper too. Btw, I might have suggested to the owner that she carry wrapping paper, I thought it was genius.