17 November 2012

. . . saturday is a special day . . .

. . . it's the day we get ready 
for thanksgiving . . .
. . . i had a list . . .
. . . stuff i rarely do . . . 
. . . rid outdoor light fixtures 
of bugs . . .
. . . dust screens . . . 
. . . vacuum window tracks . . . 
. . . wash windows . . .
. . . scrub exterior door jambs 
and hardware . . .
. . . sweep cobwebs 
from porch ceiling corners . . .
. . . spray off concrete . . .
. . . done and done . . .
 {i even vacuumed out the doggy door, 
even though it hasn't been used in nearly five years}

. . . i was a messy worker . . . 
. . . but i cleaned up nice . . .
. . . all these chores make me 
love my sister 
for hosting thanksgiving 
at her house every year . . .
. . . all these chores also make me 
hate my sister 
for having the nerve 
to be out of town this year . . .
. . . oldest daughter's 
marching band competitions 
in fresno 
are overrated! . . .
{good luck, hope!}

. . . one more thing 
i checked off my to do list . . .
. . . get a new baby swing . . .
. . . the old one's been broken 
for a couple of months . . .
. . . elliott has been 
reminding me of this fact 
every time he comes over . . .
. . . "OH NO! SWING BROKEN!" . . .
. . . it will take him 
approximately 1.3 seconds 
to notice this tomorrow . . .

. . . thank goodness i got 
my thanksgiving groceries 
bought yesterday! . . .
. . . cooking will commence monday . . .
. . . and truthfully, food 
is all anyone wants . . .
. . . no one really cares 
if the windows are clean . . . 
. . . but i feel better anyway . . . 

. . . after all that cleaning, 
one thing's for certain now . . .
. . . in the next four days, 
there will be 
a haboob of epic proportion . . .


1 comment:

jckhadlocks said...

You are one busy lady! I am hosting Thanksgiving as well and I just started cleaning the house.. although not to your extent (I wish). But I have to hold off on cleaning the bathrooms to the day before. (I've got a boy who's got pretty bad aim :)