20 November 2012

. . . simon and garfunkel turkey . . .

. . . i couldn't stop humming 
"are you going 
to scarborough fair? 
parsley, sage, 
rosemary, and thyme" 
as i prepped these herbs today . . . 

 {pictured l-r: parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme}

. . . call me crazy, 
but i cooked 
our thanksgiving turkey today . . .
. . . i bought it friday . . .
. . . it's been in the fridge 
thawing for four days . . . 
. . . i opened it this morning 
and my giblets were still icy . . .
. . . icy giblets ~ that's the worst . . .
. . . i usually use 
a reynolds turkey cooking bag, 
but since you're 
supposed to shake flour 
inside the bag before using, 
i knew that was out . . .
. . . so i decided 
to give this recipe 
a try . . .
{if your name is vicki sherwood, don't click on that link!}
. . . and i was pleased 
with the way it turned out . . .
. . . the turkey stayed nice and - - - 
not dry . . .
. . . mine is 
not nearly as beautiful 
as amy's . . .



. . . most of the dark meat 
and all of these crumbs 
will end up in the dressing . . .
. . . if you're lucky, 
i'll share that recipe tomorrow . . .
. . . it's a keeper . . .


. . . and it always brings me great joy 
to dispose of the disgusting carcass . . .
. . . i can't imagine 
anyone wanting that 
on their serving table! . . .


3 comments:

Bowbailey said...

Last year I Spatchcocked my turkey!! The turkey was delicious, so I'm cooking it that way again, but I'll wait to cook it on Thanksgiving. The directions are on Martha Stewarts website. Happy Thanksgiving

life in red shoes said...

I checked the link and it sounds delish! I think I may just try it, thanks.

Shellene said...

Checked the link and it reminded me of a recipe I've been making lately with mayo & a little maple syrup in it. Then crust it with some panKo bread crumbs and bake. I've been using boneless skinless chicken breast. It always comes out moist and delicious.