22 October 2012

. . . 'til we meet again . . .

. . . seems like this is becoming 
more and more common . . . 
. . . i suppose we're just at that age . . . 
. . . saying goodbye 
to our sweet parents . . . 
. . . everyone pictured here 
has lost at least one . . . 
. . . this beautiful morning, 
was a celebration of the life 
of arliss ellsworth . . . 
. . . julie's mom . . . 

{l-r: koko head, julie ellsworth logan, todd lorenzen, 
robert charon, julie petersen, julie woods, and me}

. . . and though the occasion is sad,
 there's just nothing 
like seeing dear old friends . . . 
. . . we all grew up 
in the same ward . . . 
. . . we've known each other 
for over forty years . . . 
{our photographer remarked that a few years ago, 
he wouldn't have had to back up quite so far 
to fit us all in the photo. 
the nerve!}
. . . and, oh, the stories we can tell! . . . 


2 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

bitter sweet but we do know we go on, so the sadness is not overwhelming

Unknown said...

I confess - the photographer belongs to me (my step-dad Nick). What can I say...He has no filters! That's why I love him. Means what he didn't mean to say. :)